DIY Holiday Sprinkles
It's easy to make sprinkles at home with decorators icing and parchment paper. Put leftover icing to use or make a bit extra to custom coordinate your sprinkles!
HOLIDAY SPRINKLE HOW-TO:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box (1 lb.) confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder (powdered egg whites)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon flavoring extract, optional
- Food coloring
Step 1 & 2
- Beat powdered sugar, meringue powder, water and extract in a large bowl, with an electric mixer, on high speed until smooth and thick, about 1 minute.
- Divide icing into small bowls (if making different colors). Stir food coloring in to make desired color. Cover icing tightly when not in use, icing dries quickly.
Transfer icing to a piping bag with a very small decorators tip. Pipe icing in long, thin lines on to parchment paper. Let set for 1 hour or until icing has completely hardened.
Crumble parchment paper to break hardened icing into small sprinkles.