How To Make A Parchment Liner for Round Cake Pans
8 Simple Steps to Making a Round Parchment Paper Liner
You Will Need:
- A Round Cake Pan
- ReynoldsKITCHENS® Parchment Paper
- Tear a sheet of parchment paper that is 1-inch larger than the cake pan.
- BRING the two long sides together and crease the center to make a large rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in half to make a smaller rectangle.
- BRING the folded edges together so the tip forms the top of a triangle with uneven sides.
- FLIP the pan over and place the triangle against the bottom of the pan with the point of the triangle at the center of the pan.
- Hold the parchment flat against the bottom of the pan so the base of the triangle so extends pass the edge of the pan.
- Trim the parchment base using the edge of the pan as a guide.
- Unfold the parchment to reveal the round liner. Flip the pan over and lay the parchment liner inside the pan.
Benefits to lining your cake pans with parchment paper:
- Easy Release: Lining your cake pan with parchment paper allows you to flip layers out in one piece because the cake doesn't cling to the bottom of the pan.
- Even Baking: Lining with parchment paper promotes even baking regardless of the type of pan.